Kpeople Resesarch Foundation mission covers five of the seven societal challenges in Europe:
- Health, demographic change and wellbeing;
- Secure, clean and efficient energy;
- Climate action, environment, resource efficiency and raw materials;
- Europe in a changing world – inclusive, innovative and reflective societies;
- Secure societies – protecting freedom and security of Europe and its citizens.
Setting out the major SSH research perspectives that need to be addressed such as:
- socio-psychological factors and habits of modern life, if we are going to convince an ageing population to remain physically active and healthy;
- the forces that drive public opinion and the powerful informational and educational role of the arts and the media, if we want societies and individuals to moderate their energy consumption;
- people perception of a secure society, if we want people quality of life to grow, mitigating effect of societal instability;
- Technology view, if we want technology to play a key role in facilitating social innovation.